Vulvodynia – Bladder Pain Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that increases pressure on the lower abdomen.
- If possible avoid wearing synthetic clothes items that prevent good aeration of the urogenital area and contribute to the build up of heat and moisture.
- White 100% cotton underwear, pads and tampons are recommended.
- Healthy lifestyle in which you minimise stress,
- Eat healthy food with minimum additives and preservatives (see dietary considerations –link), avoiding bladder irritants acidic and high potassium diets).
- Ensure that you have regular exercise.
- Avoid smoking and the use of alcohol as discussed in the section on diet.
- Develop regular and correct bladder voiding habits.